All Recipes / Bread & Butter
Bread & Butter
Fill your home with the aromas of freshly baked bread, and then tear into pillowy softness dotted with meaty bacon bits.
- 7g dry active yeast
- 285g whole milk, warm
- 390g plain flour
- 195g bread flour
- 1 ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- 45g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 70g fine caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, whisked lightly
- Baken Real Bacon Crisps
- Baken Bacon Jam
- Combine the yeast and milk together until dissolved, mix in sugar. Let it stand for 10 minutes in a warm space or until foamy.
- Sift the flours and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Pour yeast mixture into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Add the butter, sugar and eggs.
- Whilst mixing lower the speed and add the flour mix in two batches. Once the flour mixture is incorporated, increase the speed to a medium high. Let it mix until the dough comes together to form a smooth ball.
- Transfer the dough into a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough double in size, for roughly 1 hour. Punch the dough down and divide into 18 equal parts.
- To add the Baken Real Bacon Crisps take the divided dough and press it down flat add the Baken Real Bacon Crisps and fold the outside sheet into the center. Continue to roll into balls. Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it proof for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve the bread warm with Baken Bacon Jam.